We encourage tipping as a way to show your shoppers appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper delivering your order.
Instacart suggests a default tip based on a number of factors, such as order attributes and your tip history. The minimum default tip is 5% of your order total.
You can modify the tip while placing an order and up to 24 hours after receiving your delivery.
You can modify the tip both while placing an order and after delivery is complete.
In the app—
- Tap the 3 stacked horizontal lines in the upper left corner
- Tap Your orders
- Tap your recent order
- Tap Rate and tip
- Select the tip amount
On the website–
- At the top left, click the 3 horizontal lines
- Click Your Orders
- Click View order detail on the relevant order
- At the top of the order page, click Rate order
- After rating the order, you’ll be able to update the tip